The insurance agent-broker M&A marketplace has experienced unprecedented consolidation in recent years, driven primarily by the expanded role of private-equity and other financial institution backed buyers. OPTIS Partners has been an active participant with our clients in this acquisition frenzy, completing more than 85 Sell-side and Buy-side Representation projects since 2008. OPTIS has also consistently been ranked as one of the top financial adviser intermediaries for insurance broker transactions by SNL Financial.
Regardless of your position as a buyer or seller, OPTIS Partners is committed to maximizing the return on your investment through our intimate industry expertise and knowledge of the process.
We will work with your executive management team to present your firm to one or more prospective buyers in order to achieve the best outcome for the firm, your clients and your staff in terms of overall fit with a new organization, respect and concern for your clients, opportunities for your employees and price and structure of the transaction.
- Preparation of Confidential Information Memorandum (“CIM”) marketing information and positioning to maximize transaction value
- Identification, qualification and coordination of meetings with prospective buyers
- Negotiating pricing, terms and conditions to optimize overall owner rewards and minimize exposure to market risks
Buy-side Financial Due-Diligence
We will provide you with an independent review of the financial and operation information of the firm you intend to purchase to ascertain if there are any material discrepancies to the information you have been provided.
- Detailed examination and analysis of target firm’s financial information and records including, as applicable, relevant financial statement detail
- Primary focus generally on revenue verification, staff and related payroll expense and key balance sheet component reviews of cash, receivables and insurance company payables.
- Preparation of Quality of Earnings and Pro Forma analysis
- Identification of problem areas or best practices of the selling firm
From defining the range of acquisition targets to the financial modeling and due diligence, we will work with your M&A team as an independent and unbiased advisor on the efficacy of the transaction.
- Assistance in defining an acquisition strategy and screening prospective sellers
- Financial analysis, including Pro Forma, Cash Flow and ROI
- Negotiating terms and conditions conducive to mutual success
- Assistance facilitating the management and financial integration of the two organizations