OPTIS Partners was founded in 2002 by Tim Cunningham after a successful career in a privately owned insurance agency and other industry consulting firms.
- Mr. Cunningham focuses his attention on the M&A needs of his clients and expanding the breadth of services to agents, insurance companies and other financial institutions.
- Mr. Menzer joined the firm in July, 2008 with an extensive history of P&C brokerage financial management experience combined with his Big 8 public accounting and industry consulting background.
OPTIS Partners has been involved with M&A transactions representing both buyers and sellers, and provided Fair Market Valuations and Ownership Perpetuation strategies for countless agencies throughout the country. In addition, we have worked with a variety of insurance companies and their agents, insurance agency associations, banks and other insurance distribution parties on a diverse set of consulting engagements. Client engagements have included the following:
- Represented more than 100 buyers and sellers since 2005 in M&A transactions ranging in value from $500,000 to over $250 million
- Worked with several national insurance companies to develop and present perpetuation and M&A workshops to agency principals
- Facilitated the Strategic Planning meetings of insurance agencies, agency associations, and banks and other financial institutions focusing on maximizing agency values and investment returns
- Worked with clients on planning for producer recruitment and compensation alternatives, M&A strategies and ownership perpetuation planning.